Meet Thomas Henson
Thomas Henson is an enthusiastic cyclist and experienced personal injury attorney based in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. As a rider, Thomas provides support and advocacy for his fellow cyclists in the region. He hopes to promote better awareness of cycling as a healthy, invigorating sport—all while helping to promote rider safety and well-being.
As a partner in the trusted personal injury law firm of Henson Fuerst Attorneys; Thomas helps lead a team of lawyers, paralegals, investigators, and assistants who focus on the unique needs of injured victims and their families.
- Brain Injury Association of North Carolina (BIANC), Board of Directors – Thomas serves on The Board of Directors for The Brain Injury Association of North Carolina (BIANC) which is an organization that strives to create a better future for the approximately 200,000 North Carolinians living with brain injury through prevention, support, education, and advocacy programs.
- North Carolina Traumatic Brain Injury Advisory Council, Member – In 2012, Governor Perdue appointed Thomas to the North Carolina Traumatic Brain Injury Advisory Council—a group which studies the needs of people with brain injuries. In addition to coordinating preventive efforts and promoting inter-agency coordination; the group makes recommendations to the Governor, General Assembly, and others regarding planning, development, and funding. Thomas has served on the Council every year since. He has presented at multiple conferences for TBI victims, their caregivers, and brain injury professionals.
- Team CBC, Board Member – Team CBC is a non-profit cycling group based in Holly Springs that serves the Triangle for rides, events and community projects. In previous years the organization has raised money for research, treatment, and awareness of: Multiple Sclerosis (MS), various types of cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, organ donation, animal rescue organizations, and more. In total, the team has raised over $1,500,000 for MS, and have been awarded the Circle of Distinction by the National MS Society.
- Triangle Triathlon Club, Corporate Sponsor – Triangle Triathlon Club serves to support all levels of triathletes by offering organized training and workout sessions, clinics and seminars, social activities, and more. The club encourages members to participate in the sport, but also to give back to the triathlon community and our local community as well. Through volunteerism efforts, the club raises funds for local charities.
- FS Series, Corporate Sponsor – FS Series hosts triathlon, swimming and running events across North Carolina benefitting a variety of charities
- Raven Rock Ramble, Ride Corporate Sponsor – Proceeds from the Raven Rock Ramble benefit the UNC Kidney Center for direct patient services. Since its start in 2002, the Raven Rock Ramble has raised over $291,000 toward kidney health and awareness.
- Five-0 Memorial Ride, Ride Corporate Sponsor – The mission of the Five-0 Memorial Ride is to honor the lives and memories of our fallen heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the performance of their duty while serving the City of Raleigh.
- League of American Bicyclists, Member, completed “Traffic Skills 101″ course
- American Association for Justice Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, Member
I went to Thomas Henson when I was hit by a car because, as a fellow cyclist, I knew he was an expert in the intricacies involved. I was not disappointed! Although mine was a relatively minor case, Thomas handled it the same as if it had been a potential multi-million dollar settlement. He was able to obtain a settlement far in excess of what I would have been able to secure and kept me apprised of the progress every step of the way. His staff was very attentive and professional and went out of their way to answer all of my questions, offer advice as appropriate, and to keep the communication flowing. I addition to his work as an attorney, Thomas is also very involved in cycling safety and cyclist/motorist education, areas sorely in need of attention. As such, he is very active in the cycling community. In fact, his education efforts are the reason that I increased my under-/uninsured motorist coverage several years ago, an action that would have saved me financially if the crash I had been involved in had been any worse. I highly recommend Thomas Henson!